Bump on Leg for 5 months

Patient

Q: Hi, I got hit in the leg by a piece of metal, very hard, about 5 months ago. The bruise is gone but there is still a significant bump that hurts when touched. Is this normal?

Symptoms:  Bump on leg
Doctor

A:   Thank you for contacting ask the doctor.
No a bump after 5 months is not normal. this could be an abscess or a wound infection. in either case It definitely needs looking at. I recommend a visit to the physician to get a complete check up. abscess is a collection of pus which causes swelling and inflammation of the surrounding area. In case it happens to be an abscess, the physician would drain the pus collection and clean it with antiseptic solutions and prescribe you antibiotics depending on the bacteria involved. Visiting a physician as soon as possible is essential as the bacteria can invade further deep and reach the bone and lead to further complications.
Hope this information was useful.