Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bump on Mons Pubis

Bump on Mons Pubis

Patient: I have a hard skin colored pea sized bump on my mons pubis. I noticed it about 2 weeks ago. It only hurts slightly when I press on it but otherwise it doesn’t bother me. I am not sexually active. I don’t know what it could be and I am worried that it may be vulvar cancer…

Doctor: Thank you for your question. It is possible that this swelling could be caused by a cyst or an ingrown hair. Since you a re not sexually active, it is not likely that this is caused by a sexually transmitted infection. The only way to determine what this swelling is you will need to have it examined by a doctor. We cannot say that this could be a form of cancer such as vulvular cancer as this can only be diagnosed after a biopsy is performed. Please see your doctor for further testing and examinations.Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com