Bump on nose after punch

Patient : "i got into a fight in the man punch me on my nose in my nose started bleeding and thier was a big lump or bump on my nose in i put ice on it and it wont go away what do i do now how long can it stay"
Doctor :   I suspect that your nose is broken! The bump you notice is actually the deformity caused by the broken bone. The true ex tent of the deformity will not become visible untill all the swelling has resolved. You can aid resolution of the swelling by applyin ice to the area. However, you will need to see an ENT physician about possible surgical correction of the deformity.