Bump/scar right below penis head.

Q: There is a scar on my penis. I want ot know whether or not it is something to worry about. this is so embarrassing it's why i've not made an appointment with my doctor. It doesn't hurt (unless masturbating) and it's not a large scar. i've been using antibiotic ointment on it and has improved slightly. Again, i'm aware i should see a doctor, but due to the nature of this i'd rather keep that as a last resort.

Symptoms:  Slight pain when masturbating. it's only temporarily and goes away once started. No fever, itching, or anything like that, just an uncomfortable feeling.