Bump under breast should I worry

Patient

Q: I have a bump under my right breast been there for about a week and is somewhat painful when pressure is applied. Should I be worried ?

Symptoms:  Painful bump
Doctor

Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com for an opinion.
Any painful lump in the breast should be examined and evaluated by a physician to rule out benign from malignant swelling. If the swelling is hard and mobile with no fixity to the lower muscle tissue, it indicates a fibroadenoma, or else if its soft to firm and localized with inflammatory changes over the skin with pain, then it can be plain fat necrosis lump.
It would be prudent to evaluate with a breast ultrasound and a fine needle aspiration biopsy ( FNAC) for histopathological examination for identifying the cause and cell of origin and accordingly surgical or medical management can be planned.
I hope I have addressed your concerns in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards