Bump under breast should I worry


Q: I have a bump under my right breast been there for about a week and is somewhat painful when pressure is applied. Should I be worried ?

Symptoms:  Painful bump

A:   Hello,
Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com for an opinion.
Any painful lump in the breast should be examined and evaluated by a physician to rule out benign from malignant swelling. If the swelling is hard and mobile with no fixity to the lower muscle tissue, it indicates a fibroadenoma, or else if its soft to firm and localized with inflammatory changes over the skin with pain, then it can be plain fat necrosis lump.
It would be prudent to evaluate with a breast ultrasound and a fine needle aspiration biopsy ( FNAC) for histopathological examination for identifying the cause and cell of origin and accordingly surgical or medical management can be planned.
I hope I have addressed your concerns in detail,
wishing you good health,

Related Q&A

Q: I have a zit like feature on the side of my penis, I squeezed it an white stuff came out an blood but didn't hurt, sh...

Q: I Got A lot Of Red Bumps And Like One Popped And Now It's Like A Dent And A lot Of Red Spots On My Chest.

Q: Hello, I am having issues with my lymph nodes. Two specifically have been enlarged for a month- the first one on the ...

Q: I have a eczema on my hands that recently appeared and used to itch me but the doctor gave me a cream for it. Now rec...

Q: I applied elocom cream to my irritated spots on my face, and now i've seen that it has bleached/lightened the areas i...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon