Bump under my toe nail

Q: I injured my Big Toe November 26th, 2013. Long story short, something heavy fell on it while I was bare foot. It hurt really bad so I went to the emergency room. The doctor burned a small hole in my big toe to relieve pressure and drain the blood. After that, I would go home soak it in hot water and wrap it up. After a while all the pain went away and the nail slowly stopped looking black/blue. The nail is now extremely loose except on one side. It was so loose that after I showered it stuck straight up like a pole, extending from the side that was not loose. I decided to take some nail clippers and clip off as much as a I could, because obviously I could not wear shoes with a toe nail sticking straight up. It went fine and there is only a little bit of toe nail left (the part that is still holding on strong to the other side).

My question is, now that I can see under my toe nail, there seems to be a bump directly in the center that looks like it shouldn't be there. What is it? And should I be concerned? I am attaching pictures.

Bump under my toe nail-1