Bumps/Lumps on gential area


Q: I have had small bumps/lumps appearing on my genital area for the past couple of weeks. They don't hurt at all, they're not filled with any sort of fluid, and the are normal flesh color. Any idea what this could be?

Symptoms:  None, except for the bumps/lumps

A:   Hello,
Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com

I understand that you have been sexually active and have suffered and been treated for STD's like chlamydia nad gonorrhoea already a month back. With that history in the background these genital lesions in form of bumps which you describe a skin coloured and not associated with any other symptoms can be genital warts . They are commonly seen with HPV infection especially strains 6 and 11.

However a local examination by your physician can help arrive at a definitive diagnosis , so it is advisable that you visit your physician for a consultation and evaluation. You may discuss the option of HPV vaccination with your physician and take an informed decision.

I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health ,

Related Q&A

Q: I have two bumps on my penis one is slightly raised and kind of painful to the touch and the other one is smaller and...

Q: Hello Dr, I had protected sex with a massage parlor lady this past Saturday evening ie Sunday morning. As mentioned ...

Q: I got a very Large injection for Gonorrhoea yesterday tuesday 11/10/16. Me and my doctor was not sure if I had or n...

Q: I have blood in my semen for last two weeks.its not painful or sensitive in any way. Without injury and no possible s...

Q: So I've had a sore throat on and off for a couple of weeks. I recently had unprotected oral sex last Friday. I now ha...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon