Bumps on Penis, but have no STD's

Q: I have recently had small flat dry bumps on the shaft of my penis and just below the head of my penis. They become inflamed and itchy when me and my girlfriend have sex, (who is pregnant) but go back to the flat bumps that do not bother me other wise. my girlfriend has had no bumps at all near or in her vagina. could this be bacterial?

Symptoms:  Small bumps,

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Here are a few possibilities:
- Injury to the penis
- Allergy to latex
- Skin infection

I believe that this is either injury to the penis which has caused from cuts or wounds to appear on the skin of the penis. The small wounds will cause a release of histamine into the skin and cause a triple response of redness, flare and swelling of the skin. This might be what you saw.

Another possibility is a skin allergy to latex present if you used a condom. The latex will cause a breakout of red bumps over the penis. You can take tablet Cetirizine for this and in the future do not use a condom.

A bacterial infection and STD needs an examination by a Doctor before it can be diagnosed. The Doctor will then start you on antibiotics or the appropriate therapy.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.