Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bumps on penis. Photos attached. Please help

Bumps on penis. Photos attached. Please help

Patient: Hello,I have these bump on my penis which are worrying me. I have them for a while now (couple of months or so I guess). I have a relationship with a single girl for over a year, and had sex with her after having these bumps and she seems to be fine.They don’t hurt, they don’t itch, they’re just there.What may they be ? How do I get rid of them? Can they be sexually transmitable?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Unfortonately, we are unable to see your picture. Please try uploading it once more so we c an assess your condition adequately. It is possible that these bumps could be is fordyce spots. Fordyce spots is an enlarged sebaceous gland. These can be hard, and display a similar appearance as you have described. This is a relatively benign condition. These can be removed surgically by a dermatologist or by using a special type of laser.We do strongly recommend that you get examined by a doctor in person if you are concerned that you may have contracted a sexually transmitted infection. Please see your doctor.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com