Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bumps on private areas

Bumps on private areas

Patient: I got some bumps i need help with there on my privite areas

Symptoms: Itchy bumps

Doctor: Thank you for your question. We would need a little more description of the bumps in your private area in order to deter mine what these lesions are actually being caused by. There are several possibilities which we would like to outline for you. These bumps could be caused by bacterial infection of the hair follicles called folliculitis. Another possible cause could be due to genital warts which are caused by the herpes simplex virus. Last but not least, these bumps could be caused by another viral infection called herpes. It would be best that you have your doctor examine the area to determine what will the actual cause is. Once diagnosed, the appropriate treatment will be prescribed.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com