Bumps on private areas

Patient : I got some bumps i need help with there on my privite areas
Symptoms:  Itchy bumps
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. We would need a little more description of the bumps in your private area in order to deter mine what these lesions are actually being caused by. There are several possibilities which we would like to outline for you. These bumps could be caused by bacterial infection of the hair follicles called folliculitis. Another possible cause could be due to genital warts which are caused by the herpes simplex virus. Last but not least, these bumps could be caused by another viral infection called herpes. It would be best that you have your doctor examine the area to determine what will the actual cause is. Once diagnosed, the appropriate treatment will be prescribed. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com

Related Q&A

Q: I was in vacation and 4 days into the trip I developed a itchy feeling all over my body. I have no bite marks however...

Q: I got a test ige immunoglobulin serum test . The value cams 520 ? What does this mean . I am a 30 years old mum .

Q: My friend took alegra and tussin and speed and now he says he is having a hard time breathing and stayingawake

Q: Hello, I had my nose pierced about 4 weeks ago. I thought I was starting to get an infection but it turned out to be...

Q: I really want a cat but suffer with allergies. Is there any way I can live with one and control the allergy


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon