Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bumps on roof of mouth?

Bumps on roof of mouth?

Patient: I just noticed these bumps on the roof of mouth last night they don’t hurt but one side of my throat hurts a little when I swallow I had sex and gave someone oral about 5 days ago. But I also smoke cigarettes and don’t know if it could be from that too idk but I’m freaking out a little what could it be?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. There is a possibility that you could have contracted a sexually transmitted infection from your encounter 5 days ago. Common STIs that cause your symptoms are gonorrhea and chlamydia. We recommend that you go to a doctor and have it examined. You may need antibiotics to treat this, if it is indeed an STI.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com