Bun createnine ratio

Patient : I have bun createnine ratio of 29,my bun is 12.99 and my createnine is 0.44 i drink lots of water and have repeated the test several times my electrolytes are as follows Sodium. 136 Potassium. 4.23 Chloride. 99 Bicarbonate. 25.4 My urine anaylis show specific gravity of 1.015 , neg protein and occasional bacteria
Symptoms:  No symptoms
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. The BUN/Creatinine ratio is a value that is used to differentiate between acute and chronic renal disease. For example, a sudden urinary tract infection can increase the BUN/Creatinine ratio. On the other hand, conditions in which Urea formation is decreased, such as in liver disease, the BUN/creatinine ratio can decrease. Based on your urinalysis it is possible that you may have a urinary tract infection. This would have caused the elevation in the BUN/Creatinine ratio as well as the detection of bacteria in your urine. You will likely need to be prescribed antibiotics to treat this infection, after which your urinalysis values should return to normal. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com