BUN/Creatine and Colestrol

Patient

Q: BUN/CReatine Ratio is 7.96%. Whether this require medicine or do u suggest any natural way to bring back to normancy ( ref given is 10 to 15%

Symptoms:  Nil
Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com.
A deranged ratio may be due to a condition that causes a decrease in the flow of blood to the kidneys, such as congestive heart failure or dehydration. It may also be seen with increased protein, from gastrointestinal bleeding or increased protein in the diet. The ratio may be decreased with liver disease (due to decrease in the formation of urea) and malnutrition or chronic kidney disease.
So it is imperative you discuss with your physician and do a complete investigation including CBC, RBS, ECG, LFT, Serum electrolytes, Urine Routine, CT Whole abdomen done and based on the findings, treat the primary cause. That will help in normalizing the urea to creatinine ratio.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.