Burning and Irritation during urinating

Q: Every time i drink water in little quantities, i feel a lot of irritation during urinating and once the burning sensation starts, it doesn't stop for a long time- not unless i drink loads of water. this situation has been going on for a long time but i haven't tried anything yet. i found out that whenever i use hot water to wash myself, the irritation subsides. recently, though, things have been getting worse. now, even my stomach hurts a little and hot water has no effect. i have no idea how to deal with this and any help will be appreciated.

A:   The symptoms that you've mentioned suggests of a urinary tract infection. Drinking plenty of water dilutes the urine and flushes the bacteria which  relieves the symptoms. A urine test may confirm the diagnosis of urinary tract infection after which you may need to take oral antibiotics.