Burning back sensation since puberty

Patient

Q: I have been having bad back pain. I am 19 now but ever since around 13-14 with puberty I have developed a burning back pain sensation that develops in my back. I've never had any serious injury or broken bone. The pain mainly seems to be caused by stress or anything that makes me get hot and sweat. The pain normally starts on my upper back and if I continue to do whatever I was doing it spreads to my neck, collar/shoulders and my lower back. There's no rash no scabs not really any visible signs except my skin is red. The pain is not like a muscle or a bone its just on like my nerves or skin. There is also a history of arthritis and psoriasis in my family.

Symptoms:  Symptoms: Burning Sensation that spreads, red skin
Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be suffering from any of the following:
1. Muscular back pain
2. Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc Compression.
3. Ankylosing Spondylitis.
I would advise you to get following:
1. X-ray Cervical spine
2. X-ray LS spine
3. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels
4. ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor.
5. HLA B27
6. X-ray Both Hip with both Sacro-iliac joints.

For muscular pain, I advise the following:
1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.

If the compression is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.
But if the compression is very severe, causing motor weakness, tingling on any side of the body then surgical intervention would be required.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.