Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Burning in the genital area: What could it be?

Burning in the genital area: What could it be?

Patient: I am a 34 year old female with one sex partner for over 10 years now.. recently I had a uti and took antibotics for it and developed a yeast infection.. well my clitoris has been burning for a month now and it burns when I pee.. I have no abnormal dicharge.. could this be a std or just a yeast infection. I’m really scared to go to the dr.. the burning is non stop.. please help..

Doctor: STD or another UTI or  may be suferring from  a replase of the old UTI. You definately need to see a doctor inorder to g r to get a screen for STD;s as well as to check your urinefor any infection. I hope this helps,