Burning Knee Pain and Numbness Tingling

Q: I have been having a sharp burning sensation on the outside of my right knee when I kneel for the last 3 weeks. It is excrutiating. I am also noticing it is burning sometime randomly throughout the day as I am walking around at work. I am also now noticing the last few days a dripping feeling on the same side outside my knee in the same area mostly when my knee is bent, when sitting. Almost like fluid dripping down the outside my knee and pulsating. There is also numbness in that area. I went to the doctor and he took xrays but nothing showed. It told me to ice and stretch and keep taking Voltaren for the inflamation, swelling in my knee.

Symptoms:  Numbness, tingling, burning, itching

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you.

You seem to be suffering from Knee ligament injury or Acute Muscular Pain.
I would advise you to get following investigations done:
1. X-ray Knee
2. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D levels.
I would advise following for knee pain:
1. To do knee and quadriceps strengthening exercises.
2. To do hot fomentation of the knee
3. Apply diclofenac ointment locally
4. To take Pain killers like Diclofenac only if the pain is severe and there are no contraindications for their use.
5. Don’t climb stairs, avoid bucket holding.
6. Don’t sit in squatting position.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy