Burning Pain in my foot

Patient: Good Morning.Can somebody help me with an answer.I have a continuous pain for three days now. Under my right foot at the back, its a burning pain. And my second toe is sore. Feels like a blister. But i didn’t hurt my foot neither is a blister.Please give me some adviseLouise

Symptoms: Very sore foot

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Most often, neuropathy is the cause of burning feet. Damaged nerve fibers are more likely to become overactive and misfire. The damaged nerves send pain signals to the brain even though there is no wound or injury.Some other possibilities are vasculitis ( autoimmune ), vitamin deficiency, alcohol abuse, Diabetes, hypothyroidism, e.t.cYou need to start on a multivitamin supplement like Neurobion Forte and continue for 2 weeks. If there is no respite, then you need to get it examined by your physician who will order appropriate tests like RBS, CBC, Vitamin B 12 level, Thyroid profile, e.t.cHope this was helpful,Regards.