Burning threw my body

Patient : Hi my name is Amina,I am 45 years old,about six weeks ago the side of my foot went numb and has stayed this way every since.then I have had a burning feeling threw my leg and now it is threw my hole body,it feels like my blood is on fire it's driving me in sain I had a scan for blood clots come back clear.I feel like my doctor thinks I'm making it up pls help me !!
Symptoms:  Neither
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. This burning sensation in your extremities and throughout your body could be caused by a co ndition called peripheral neuropathy. Peripheral neuropathy is caused by damage to the nerve endings in the extremities as well as other parts of the body. It can produce symptoms weakness, numbness and pain, usually in your hands and feet. There can also be symptoms of burning, tingling pain in the extremities but can be experienced systemically too. The diagnosis of peripheral neuropathy can be made via physical exam, nerve conduction studies along with diagnostic imaging. Furthermore, if you suffer from diseases such as diabetes or hypertension, you are at increased risk of developing peripheral neuropathy. Treatment of this disease can be done by prescribing medication to control your symptoms. In general, these medications work really well and can assist you in restoring a better quality of life free of these symptoms. Please see your doctor. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com