Burning tingling numbness in hands n electric shocks when trying

Patient : Burning tingling numbness in hands n electric shocks when trying to lift something and hand gives out
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Noted the history of burning, tingling and electric shocks when trying to lift something and the hand gives out. The commonest reason is nerve compression or stretching in its course from the cervical spine to the hands. I would advise you the following in such a case: - Opinion of a Neurologist for clinical evaluation, actual physical examination, nerve conduction studies, MRI of the cervical spine and blood tests particularly for Thyroid function tests and diabetes. - The treatment will be obviously based on the final diagnosis. - Try to avoid exposure to too cold or too hot atmosphere. I hope this answer helps you.