Burning transmission fluid fumes toxic?

Q: I am a truck driver. In December my truck was in the shop where they dropped the transmission. They failed to reinstall it correctly and it has been leaking ever since. I thought it was an exhaust leak due to the heavy exhaust smell I was getting in the cab. However, no exhaust leak was found and my CO2 detector was not going off. The leaking transmission fluid was dripping onto the exhaust and "cooking", putting off fumes. Over the past month I have become ill.... constant headache, severe nausea, burning eyes and blurred vision, off balance, congestion, coughing up phlegm. At first I thought it was just a Lupus flare up or related to my Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, but am now wondering if it is actually from the fumes of the burning transmission fluid. Are the fumes from hot, smoking, transmission fluid toxic and could they account for the above symptoms?

Symptoms:  Constant headache, severe nausea, vomiting, burning eyes, blurred vision,
Loss of balance, dizziness, coughing, congestion, no fever, fatigue, muscle ache