Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Burning vaginal sensation during my period?

Burning vaginal sensation during my period?

Patient: I am having vaginal discomfort everytime i menstrate its a burning sensation that lasts until im done menstarting this is the second time this has happened i used vagasil the first time but i dont thhink it helped. what should i do?

Doctor: You may be having vaginitis so I would strongly suggest you see your doctor as soon as possible. It can be caused by yea st infections, bacterial infections (especially for those who are sexually active), etc. I also suggest for you to stop using Vagisil because it doesn’t help and may actually worsen it. I do hope I have answered your question and take care always.