Burns when I urinate in my penis

Patient: Burns when I urinate in my penis. Few days now … Clear urine

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.A burning sensation in the u rine is due to a change in pH and this happens secondary to an infection.I will advise you to get your urine tested and also cultured to find out the organism. Based on that, appropriate antibiotic therapy can be initiated. A good choice antibiotic would be Tab. Cotrimoxazole ( TMP-SMX ) to be taken twice daily for 7-10 days. Also, cranberry juice can be taken 2-3 times daily to reduce the burning sensation. A minimum of 4 liters of water is recommended for patients with UTI.So kindly get the investigations done and start the treatment.Hope this was helpful,Regards