Burns when I urinate in my penis

Patient

Q: Burns when I urinate in my penis. Few days now ... Clear urine

Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

A burning sensation in the urine is due to a change in pH and this happens secondary to an infection.
I will advise you to get your urine tested and also cultured to find out the organism. Based on that, appropriate antibiotic therapy can be initiated. A good choice antibiotic would be Tab. Cotrimoxazole ( TMP-SMX ) to be taken twice daily for 7-10 days. Also, cranberry juice can be taken 2-3 times daily to reduce the burning sensation. A minimum of 4 liters of water is recommended for patients with UTI.

So kindly get the investigations done and start the treatment.

Hope this was helpful,