Burns when I urinate in my penis

Patient : Burns when I urinate in my penis. Few days now ... Clear urine
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. A burning sensation in the u rine is due to a change in pH and this happens secondary to an infection. I will advise you to get your urine tested and also cultured to find out the organism. Based on that, appropriate antibiotic therapy can be initiated. A good choice antibiotic would be Tab. Cotrimoxazole ( TMP-SMX ) to be taken twice daily for 7-10 days. Also, cranberry juice can be taken 2-3 times daily to reduce the burning sensation. A minimum of 4 liters of water is recommended for patients with UTI. So kindly get the investigations done and start the treatment. Hope this was helpful, Regards