C-diff danger after Surgery

Patient : After having C-diff after surgery last year. I would like to know what can be done prior to another surgery about avoiding another bout. Are there other preparations that can be had or something to be taken ahead of time to prevent having to have antibiotics during surgery?
Doctor :   Antibiotics are necessary prior to, during and after some procedures to reduce the possibility of infections. Unfortunat ely, there are no substitutes for antibiotics. C. difficile infection does not happen with all antibiotics. Perhaps your doctors may be able to use an effective antibiotic which does not have the risk of developing a C. Difficile infection. Of course, this will be dependent upon the type of surgery being performed.