Calcium Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA)

Patient : I am taking calcium pills for 1 month. is it safe or could it be dangerous if i take more calcium pills.
Doctor :    The recommended daily allowance (RDA) for Calcium depends on the age, then, for a female with age between 19-50 years o old is: 1,000 mg/day. On the other hand, the tolerable upper intake levels (ULs) for calcium have been established for females with ages between 14-50 years old in: 2,500mg/day. If you stay between these ranges it is not likely that you have health risks from excessive Calcium intake.  Milk, yogurt, and cheese are rich sources of calcium; nondairy sources include vegetables, such as Chinese cabbage, kale, and broccoli, most grains do not have high amounts of calcium unless they are fortified, foods fortified with calcium include many fruit juices and drinks, tofu, and cereals. Excessively high levels of calcium in the blood known as hypercalcemia impair kidney function, and lead to reduced absorption of other essential minerals, such as iron, zinc, magnesium, and phosphorus. However, hypercalcemia rarely results from dietary or supplemental calcium intake and is most commonly associated with hyperparathyroidism, advanced cases of cancer or excessive intakes of vitamin D from supplements at doses of 50,000 IU/day or higher.