Callus appear after rhinoplasty!!!

Patient

Q: Callus appear after rhinoplasty!!! My nose was very good but , now , after Rhinoplasty I see and feel a bony hump on my nose. Surgeon said it's callus and give it 6 months as it will be swelling, but I am so afraid!!! Is this permanent or part of healing?  My nose did not have hump before Rhinoplasty. Is cortison injection necessary? Sorry for my very bad english grammar, I'm Persian.

Doctor

A:   The "hump" you have noticed is part of the healing process. The cortisone injections will reduce the swelling and inflammation and with time the hump will resolve. There is no cause for concern at this time.