Calories burnt for an 80 lb female during bicycle crunches

Patient

Q: Hi, how many calories does an 80lb female burn when performing 50 bicycle crunches in 1 minute. Also, how many calories does it take for an 80lb female to burn 1 calorie (does it take 7 bicycle crunches to burn 1 calorie at 80lb). Finally, what is the number of additional calories burnt when performing them either at a higher speed or continuously without rest. Or is this negligible with not many more calories resulting in being burnt. Thankyou for your help and kind regards,
Kelly.

Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com. I understand your concern.

If you do 50 bicycle crunches in 1 minute, you will burn close to 8-10 calories provided the form in which you do it is proper.
You can burn up to 5-10 calories more if the count goes more than 50. It really can't be predicted because the metabolism, the temperature, the diet, everything is important to find out the exact amount of calories burnt.

However roughly you burn around 8-10 calories for every 50 bicycle crunches.

Feel free to discuss further,

Patient: Hi, thankyou for your reply and help. Does an 80lb female burn 1 calorie for every 7 bicycle crunches performed. Also, how many calories would performing 160 bicycle crunches in 1 minute burn for an 80 lb female. Finally, is all fat eaten from a meal stored in the muscles and liver first before being stored in the fat cells, or is it stored immediatley into fat cells. Thankyou for your help and kind regards,
Kelly.
Doctor: If you can do 160 bicycle crunches, you can burn up to 30-35 calories per minute. Fat mostly goes to the liver, excess fat gets converted to adipose tissue.
Patient: Hi, thankyou for your reply and help. I'm preparing a fitness & diet report/ assignment and need accurate, detailed answers for the following questions: Is it 6 bicycle crunches or is it 7 bicycle crunches that burn 1 calorie for an 80 lb female performing them. Also, does a 100 lb female performing bicycle crunches burn 1 calorie for every 4 bicycle crunches. And, how many more calories are burnt when performing bicycle crunches without no rest. Or do you still burn the same amount of calories with rest/ breaks as well as when performing them at a continuous pace without breaks. Finally, does all fat get stored in the liver after a meal, or is it also stored in the muscles and is it only stored in fat cells when liver and muscle storage is full. Does fat take up more storage in the muscle than carbohydrates and does it make you look fatter than carbohydrates. Additionally, even if the liver and muscle storage is not full, does some fat still get stored in the fat cells after eating it. What is the maximum amount in grams of fat you can eat a day without it being stored into fat cells. Thankyou for your help and kind regards,
Kelly.
Doctor: Hello,
Regarding the exact number of calories burnt, no one can give you exact number, and this is all based on assumptions. The form even if there is a slight difference, can change the number of calories burnt. A 100lb female doing 30-40 crunches in a minute can burn 5-6 calories.
The fat that we consume, goes to liver, and the excess fat is deposited in the form of adipose tissue. We should not consume more than 30 % of calories through fats in our diet.

Regards.
Patient: Hi, thankyou for your reply and help. I'm preparing a fitness & diet report/ assignment and need accurate, detailed answers for the following questions: Are carbohydrates stored under the skin in areas such as muscles in the chest etc. Can carbohydrates make you appear fat and cause you to look bloated. Also, is fat stored in the muscles as well or just the liver, And, is fat stored in brown fat as well as white fat, or is it only stored in brown fat when more calories have been consumed than needed. Can brown fat make you appear fat. Finally, if you eat more than your daily allowance of fats will it be stored automatically as fat or does it only get stored as fat if more calories have been consumed than needed. For example, if you eat mainly fats all day rather than carbohydrates etc, will all this fat be stored in the liver and muscles if it eaten at or below the daily allowance for calories. Or, does this fat get stored into the fat cells, or does only a tiny amount get stored into the fat cells. Are fats burnt off lastly in exercise or are they burnt at the same time as carbohydrates. Also, does insulin force fat to be stores in the fat cells or does it only does this when calories are in excess. Thankyou for your help and kind regards,
Kelly.
Doctor: Carbohydrates are stored in all the cells. Cells need carbobydrates to survive. If you eat a very fatty meal, it will go to the liver and the excess fat will return converted to adipose tissue