Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can a back injury or kidney disease stage 2 cause

Can a back injury or kidney disease stage 2 cause

Patient: Can a back injury or kidney disease stage 2 cause overactive bladder or BPH? 46 year old man. I only have one kidney, had a major back/neck injury 20 years ago resulting in loss of kidney. I have had urine frequency and leakage for several years now but getting worse. I now have to wear a pad for leakage and urinate 6- 10 times per night. Prostate is minimally enlarged. looking for potential diagnosis. Thanks.

Symptoms: Urinary leakage and frequency.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for writing to us.Your symptoms can be due to the injury you suffered many years back if at that time th ere was an injury to the lower end of the spinal cord.The bladder problems have evolved through the years and incontinence might also be related similarly.It is important to do an MRI scan to know really how bad the situation is.Hope your query is answered.Please do write back if you have any doubts.Regards,