Can a black eye be dangerous bevause of the size

Patient : Can a black eye be dangerous bevause of the size and or darkness. I made it thru last two days without going to emergency care and just missed concussion. Even a little sick a little double vision for a few hours but the thing I'm wondering about Is the size of the outer- side of my eye just above my cheek bone. Could it be a blood clot or is it just needing time. It's also got a huge circle of the darkest purple & black just outside the whole eye
Symptoms:  Blackest of eye after hitting corner of something on the outside of my cheek bone
Can a black eye be dangerou...-1