Can a blood test determine the amount of time since last eating?

Q: On a particular senerio, a young man was found claiming he was stuck in a 15 foot hole in the ground. Rumors spread that it was a hoax. After this young man managed to pull himself out this a 15 foot hole and walk (who knows how many miles) The young man was immediatly taken to a medical facility where they did bloodwork on him. According to the report, he was found to be mildly dehydrated (BTW he was in this hole for 4 days and nights with no water or food)and the report said they confirmed that he had not eaten in four days. My question is this, can a blood test determine the amount of time it has been since you last ate, or will the BW only show that you have low blood sugar?