Can a doctor mistake Bv for Trich for several months?

Patient

Q: Tested negative for trich in july, positive for bv. Partner confirmed to have cheated on me In september I was tested but for some reason trich wasn't included in the testing. Had several so called reinfections of bv over the last few months since him cheating. Go to the doctor last week and in office I'm told I have BV again, had them test for stds. I go back today, and they say it was actually trich. Is this the first time I've had trich? Or could my reoccurring BV infections have actually been trich the whole time, and I was basically just treating and then reinfecting myself each time I slept with my partner after treatment and my doctor was mistaking BV for Trich?

Facts: I didn't have trich in july and have only been with my partner and he admitted to cheating in september. I got tested but only by blood test. Is this new trich infection possibly what I've had for months and was mistaken for bv or has my partner recently cheated on me, which in this case I'd be calling off our life together.

Doctor