Can a man become aroused unwillingly if he is 'blacked out' from alcohol?

Q: Is it possible for a male to become aroused even if he is 'blacked out' from alcohol? A male friend of mine was unfaithful to his girlfriend and claimed that he woke up naked next to a woman after a night of heavy drinking and had no recollection but knew that had sex even though he would never want to do such a thing. Is it physiologically possible to become erect to someone you have no attraction to while blacked out or was his decision making just severely inhibited. I know this seems like a moral question but I want to know if it's physiologically possible. I would think that if the most grotesque person in the world forced themselves on you--as a man you wouldn't be able to partake in sex or become aroused unwillingly.