Can a period be delayed a couple of days?

Patient : I have to go to marriage tommorow n my periods are coming tomorow n i dnt want this i want to extend my periods 2 days n i am 18 years old plz rply fst
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting us. It should be emergency to postpone your period; then use this formula. But you have to start a t least three day before your expected menstrual cycle. Start taking Primolut N (Norethisterone) 5 mg, three days before expected period, take three times a day regularly for as many days as you want to postpone the date. Menstrual cycle starts usually 48 hours after stopping the medicine. But do remember it is an emergency measure to postpone and should not be a routine resort. Consult your Gynaecologist for more information on this.