Can a ring obstruct the blood circulation in a Broken finger?

Patient

Q: My partner has just broke his finger bit his ring is stuck on finger is this dangerous incase stops circulation

Doctor

A:   If there is increased swelling in the finger, the ring may cause increased pressure in the finger leading to obstruction of vessels supplying the finger. If your husband notices that his finger has decreased sensation or the pain becomes worse or the color of the finger turning pale or blue, he need to immediately consult his doctor or go to the ER.