Can a throat culture be done while on antibiotics for strep?

Patient : Last Monday, I was diagnosed with strep throat. Weird part was, that only my throat was hurting but my tonsils weren't swollen or hurting at all . The rapid test showed positive. A week later, my throat was still hurting so I went back to the doctor. He checked my throat and he said it wasn't red at all and tonsils weren't swollen. He did a throat culture, which you send to the lab for 1-2 days. I was wondering if there was a point in the doctor doing a throat culture if I am still on augmentin? Will it show negative or could it show positive as well?