Can a UTI when ignored cause lichen planus?

Patient

Q: I had ignored some sores with serum for more than 15 days because of my exams. I had an outbreak of mild lichen planus for the first time in my life 3months back doctor asked me to go for a series of tests. She couldnt find any thing abnormal in any of my reports. It was only the urine report that indicated the puscells to be more than 15. I was adviced to take flagyl200 for a week and then my pus cells reduced to 2. But she suggested me to go for a urine culture test and the report had an organism enterococcus faecalis and the colony count being 100000CFUperml.
the following drugs were found sensitive: Benzylpenicillin, ampicillin, nitrofurantoin,vancomycin,linezolid.
I am not taking any of the antibiotics but am taking lots of water daily.
My Question is can a UTI cause lichen planus and if yes then is my lichen planus never going to occur once i get treated for my UTI

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Urinary tract infections are not believed to be a cause of lichen planus. Lichen planus is a chronic skin condition that produces itchy, flat, red/purple lesions on the skin. It is believed to be an autoimmune condition of the skin. Certain medications like blood pressure medications can produce 'flare ups' of this condition. We recommend that you consult your doctor regarding the treatment of your UTI. If left untreated it can spread to your uterus, badder and kidneys which can be life threatening. Once treated, you will need to evaluated by a dermatologist to determine if you indeed have lichen planus.

Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com