Can an 8 year old take 2 tsp of Childrens

Patient

Q: Can an 8 year old take 2 tsp of Childrens Claritin 2 hours after having and Albuteral Nebulizer treatment for cough?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I would not recommend giving the 8 year any medication than the medication that has already been given. You should give the child symptomatic treatment. The symptomatic treatment will be by giving the child steam inhalation to clear the nasal passages and also to allow the mucous to come out of the nose by secretion.

Hope this helps. Do not over medicate a child to prevent any problems. All the best.