Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can an ovulating woman become pregnant due to pre-cum?

Can an ovulating woman become pregnant due to pre-cum?

Patient: Can a women get pregnant if she is fingered after a man’s fingers may have come in contact with his pre-cum? His fingers brushed against clothes and sheets and were ever licked prior to insertion, but she was ovulating. How high is the risk?

Symptoms: None. The sexual activities occurred only four days ago. I am more anxious than anything.

Doctor: Hello,The precum is known to contain seminal fluid and sperms as well and can impregnate a woman if she is in her fer tile period. However, the fact that you have licked the fingers before insertion can actually decrease the chances of the pregnancy but not remove it completely. Brushing with clothes may not remove the sperm.Though the chances are minimal to conceive out of the act but yet, if you happen to miss your periods, then you may perform a urine pregnancy test on 7th day post period to rule out pregnancy to confirm or otherwise.I hope I have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards