Can athelets foot lead to a swollen inguinal lymph nde?

Patient

Q: Hi so i'm wondering if a cluster of warts on my rleft foot in addition to altheltes foot would cause one of my inguinal lymph nodes to become swollen and kind of hard?... im really worried becuase i cant afford to visit a doctor and the internet has been scaring the hell out of me. The lymph node is on my right side but the athletes foot is on both..

Doctor

A:   Lymph nodes genrally enlarge due to an infection draining into the node or due to a cancerous growth. The iguinal lymph nodes drains the organs of the pelvic area and usually can get enlarged in case of a UTI/STI.It is hughly unlikely that the lymph nodes are swollen due to .the athletes foot. I woul advice you to keep a watch on the lymph node and if it gets worse or bigger please consult a physician in person so that you can carry out tests like ultrasound etc. All the best.