Can Birth Control Cause Nipple Darkening?

Patient : Dear Doctor, I have been on Gildess fe combination birth control pills for over a year now. I take one pill each day within 15 minutes of the same time and have never missed pills. My fiance and I also use spermicidal condoms for dual protection. Currently I have 3 active pills left in this month's cycle. I have noticed the past couple of days that my nipples seem darker in color than usual. I know darkening nipples can be a sign of early pregnancy but we are very careful to use birth control and condoms each time we have intercourse. Could this be a symptom of my pill since I am pretty far along in my cycle/pill pack for this month, or could it be due to elevated stress levels this month, or should I be worried about the change for other reasons? Thank you so much in advance!
Symptoms:  Symptoms: slightly darker nipples, minimal breast soreness