Can Citalopram withdrawal cause suicidal thoughts?

Q: I've been taking Citalopram 40mg for about two years. Being unemployed for some time now, I have been forced to make some rather difficult choices. Having the expense of BP meds which some I have also discontinued along with the AD and required doctors visits eliminated helps alleviate hunger but at some cost.
Having had a history of attempted suicide in the past, major depressive disorder, bi-polar... I am now feeling those same feelings that drove me to the actions that I was in treatment for. My question since permitted only one is this, do I actually need to be concerned that I am having suicidal thoughts given the effects of Citalopram withdrawal?