Can detox teas cause bowels to change colors such as

Patient : Can detox teas cause bowels to change colors such as white or clay color?
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query to askthedoctor.com for an opinion, Detox teas like for example green tea doesn't cause any changes in the stool colour at all. Although the green tea leaf is green, making the tea requires such a small quantity of the leaf that it should not impact stool color. If you are drinking fresh or homemade tea, you should notice no changes in the color of your feces. However, if you are drinking prepackaged bottles of detox tea, check the ingredient label for food dyes or colorings. In some cases, the manufacturer might add artificial colorings to the beverage to make it visually appealing. If food dyes are added to the beverage, you could certainly experience coloured feces if you drink enough of the that detox tea. But in general the colour of the stool is the result of biliverdin and stercobilinogen balance which is regulated at the liver level and hence changes in stool colour are not seen otherwise. I hope i have answered your query in detail, Just consume 2-3 cups a day in moderation if you suspect the detox tea to be a cause or infact graduate to a different brand. Wishing you good health, Regards