x
200 Physicians Online

Question:

Can diverticulosis be reversed?

Hallow doctors; hope you are all in a good health, My questions are: 1-Can diverticular disease hale forever (or for a long time at least) if the patient took all the Helping strategies such as eating a lot of fiber, drinking lot water, exercise regularly? And thank you very much,

Answer:

Diverticulosis occurs when your digestive tract develops small out-pouchings. These bulging pouches can then become inflammed or infected leading to diverticulitis. Diverticulosis is very common as you age. Though diverticulitis can be prevented by certain lifestyle modification and strategies, diverticulosis (the intestinal out-pouches) unfortunately cannot be reversed. I hope that helps.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA