Can epilepsy and some open heart surgery be related to each other?

Patient

Q: Can epilepsy and open heart surgerybsomehow be related? I developed epilepsy after my 2nd open heart surgery (pig valve) and although the epilepsy remained after the 3rd surgery (st. Jude mechanical valve), my cardioligst Dr Gilbert Blount) thinks that the epilepsy and my very first heart surgery when they put me in a tub (Dr. Henery Swan) lowered the temp. to 29 Degrees and did a rotor rooter type job(first human cath job)and Dr. Blount assisted. My question is, Can Dr. Blount be correct when he suspects that tat surgery are indeed connected? thank you, Doug

Doctor