Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can garcinia cambogia effect pregnancy test results?

Can garcinia cambogia effect pregnancy test results?

Patient: I was due for my period april 12th it is now april 18th I have always been regular except when I was pregnant with my first 2 kids, I had implantation bleeding with both of them beginning of pregnancy. I have taken 4 pregnancy tests all negative results. I have been taking garcinia cambogia for half a week now, could it be effecting the pregnancy test results?

Symptoms: Missed period

Doctor: Thank you for your query.Sometimes periods get delayed due to stress, strain, change in lifestyle, excessive exercis e, weight loss or gain suddenly, hormonal imbalance etc also apart from pregnancy being the reason. To rule out pregnancy, if you are skeptical about the reliability of home pregnancy test opt for a blood test for βhCG which is more reactive and reliable and gives accurate results even when low concentrations of the hormone are present i.e. can detect pregnancy at very early stage also. If the result is negative, see the doctor who can probably do a scan to know the reason for the delay.Hope that answers your query. Have a good Day.