Can getting ear twisted violently cause it to stick out?

Q: Somebody grabbed and twisted my ear 5 years ago. That same ear still sticks out to this day. The ear cartilage is also noticeably softer and bends easier than my other ear.

Can getting your ear twisted once - very violently, cause it to stick out? Would I need ear surgery to correct this?

Symptoms:  Ear Disfiguration

A:   Thank you for your question. Yes, it is possible to experience damage to the cartilage of the ear due to this type of injury. Although cartilage is very flexible, it can still sustain severe injury. When it heals, it can result in the formation of scar tissue which would cause it to become disfigured. We hope this helps.

Thank you for consulting