Can high blood fats cause a false positive ra factor

Patient: Can high blood fats cause a false positive ra factor blood test

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.Rheumatoid Factor is a very non-specific test and has v ery low sensitivity and specificity in diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis. It is just used as a screening test.As far as your query is concerned, high cholesterol or blood fats will not cause any false positive test.A number of conditions are associated with positive RF tests like Sjogren’s syndrome or cryoglobulinemia, bacterial endocarditis, tuberculosis, sarcoidosis and malignancies. The prevalence of RF in healthy elderly patients may be as high as 10 percent.So, for the confirmation of the diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis, you would require to go for Anti-CCP Antibody test and tests are correlated with your clinical symptoms.I hope the information helps you.Stay Healthy.

Patient: I’m 23 male my ra factor is 100 positive my ccp is 16 negative , sed rate 12 negative, and crp .13 negative , I have high cholesterol 267 , trigercydes are 212, ldl 191 , hdl 34, vldl 42, chol/hdl 7.9, I read online high blood test can cause a positive ra factor , would this be high blood fats ?

Patient: Which kinda cancers does a positive ra factor link to??

Doctor: Hi. Since your Anti CCP antibody is negative you don’t have Rheumatoid arthritis. It is not linked with any particular cancer.
Good luck.