Can high plood pressure pills affect my prostrate

Patient

Q: I am a 53 year old male and my recent PSA was 4.2 and for the last week I have had a hard time urinating in the morning---could splenda sugar substitute or my high blood pressure pills be affecting me?

Doctor

A:   Your difficulty in urinating is most likely related to your prostate has you have already assumed. However, Spenda and High Blood pressure medications do not usually affect prostate. Your PSA is slightly over the normal limit and this abnormality require furhter investigation. It is likely you have a condition calle Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). BPH is a condtion in which the prostate enlarges and may obstruct the flow of urine. This condition may be difficult to distinguish from prostate cancer. You should see your doctor so that he can perform the necessary examinations and order the appropriate tests.