Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Can high thyroid cause false positive pregnancy test I took

Can high thyroid cause false positive pregnancy test I took

Patient: Can high thyroid cause false positive pregnancy test. I took 2 home pregnancy test and they came back positive and I have doctor June 9

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.Thanks for trusting us for your health issues. I haveNo, thyro id issues don’t cause false pregnancy tests.False-positive test results can occur due to:1.Errors of test application2.Use of drugs containing the hCG molecule3. Medications like chlorpromazine, phenothiazines and methadone.4. Liver diseases, cancers like choriocarcinoma.So, if you had an unprotected sexual intercourse, and have missed your periods, and also the pregnancy test done at home is also positive, then most probably you are pregnant.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy