Can hour-a-day cardio exercise be split (half in morning, half at night) to get full benefit?

Q: Hello! I am in my 40's, and was told by my doctor that I need to do an hour of cardio exercise 5 to 6 days a week. I like to run on my treadmill, and was wondering if it's okay to break that hour of cardio (jogging, in my case) to running on my treadmill for a half hour in the morning and at night. I'm hoping to drop some weight -- will I get the full benefit of the cardio activity by splitting the hour into 30 minute segments in the morning and at night? Or do I need to do the full hour at once? Thanks so much for your help!